Since I know I have some new followers, a new blog look and a new blog name, I found it only fitting to do a proper introduction on my blog! Hi guys, I’m Alison and I’m so glad you stopped by to say hi!
I started my blog November 2015 and it’s been a crazy journey that has led to so many amazing experiences and I’m so excited to see what the future holds!
Let’s Start With Me:
I never set out to be a blogger. Truth be told, I never followed bloggers until I started mine. I was going to be a famous news reporter for The Los Angeles Times and I was heading that way. After I graduated from Cal State Fullerton with a degree in Journalism, I did pursue writing and was a city reporter for The Orange County Register. What they didn’t tell me at the time is I would be so broke as a reporter that I would have to write Post-It Notes on my rent check that said, “please do not deposit until…” Fast forward to now where I’m a full-time Marketing Manager, marketing brings just a little more in, and blogger and a fitness instructor.
I Love Fitness:
If you would’ve told me back in college that I would be teaching fitness classes for 20 years I would’ve laughed! But that’s exactly what happened! I started teaching Step Classes in college around my school schedule and never stopped. It’s part of my daily life and still teach 18 classes a week! That’s not a typo. 18!! Obviously I love it and unlike some instructors who stay with the same format year after year, I’m always eager to learn the new and trendy format so I don’t get bored and neither do my members. I currently teach Body Pump, Pilates, Spin, GRIT, Body Combat, Strength Training and Cardio, Core and More.
Not Married and No Kids:
That’s right people! I’m not married and I don’t plan on having kids. Cue the gasps! I used to be ashamed to tell people that, but why? I know what I want or in this case don’t want and I’m perfectly confident with my decision. I live with my boyfriend of over 3 years and we have our little dog Violet and we are very happy. We both knew when we first started dating that we didn’t want to have kids and while we love our friend’s kids and our nieces and nephews, we are happy with our little family. And P.S. I do want to get married, but we’re in no hurry.
My Favorite Things:
- Crystal Light Drops in my water (Seriously I live on the stuff)
- Monsters, Red Bulls or Rockstar Energy Drinks (I know they’re bad for me, but it’s so much easier than grabbing coffee!)
- Swedish Fish (I don’t crave chocolate, but I have to have Swedish Fish once a week!)
- Nachos (It doesn’t matter where they’re from, but Baja Fresh Nachos are my favorite!)
- Raw Cashews (I eat them Monday-Friday as a snack and you always find some in my car)
- Sleeping In!! (I rarely ever get to do this because of work and my early classes, but it’s truly something I look forward to)
- Halloween (I love anything and everything scary!! That includes movies, haunted houses and of course decorations!!)
- Dogs (My Violet is the cutest, but I love when I’m out somewhere and someone has a cute little dog. It makes my day!)
- Getting my hair and makeup done (If I could afford it, I’d hire a daily Glam Squad!)
My Least Favorite Things
- Cleaning (I hate cleaning anything!!)
- Laundry (I would rather run 10 miles in 90 degree weather than do a load of laundry. I know it sounds crazy!!)
- Cooking (My sister makes almost everything from scratch, but to me I’d rather go get take out and be done with it!)
- Flying (I love traveling, but I hate flying to the point where I have anxiety and can’t sleep days before the trip)
- The Ocean (It’s not the ocean exactly, it’s what’s in it. Sharks especially, but I’m pretty sure I’d have a heart attack if I saw a whale too)
I started blogging as a way to go back to writing roots and to talk about something I love, fashion. It’s been amazing!!! I’ve met so many people through blogging and have had so many wonderful experiences like working with Kohl’s that would’ve never been possible! Another positive to “this whole blogging thing” as my parents would say is that I’m a lot more confident with my body and myself. Partly because you have to be. You’re putting yourself out there everyday. Whether it’s a fashion post or a flatlay, it’s your content and in my case I’m “modeling” other people’s fashion. You learn to work with what you got and to love yourself even more than before.
Thanks for following and I hope you stay with me to see what’s next for All Things Alison!! xoxo
Shop my look HERE!
Photos By: Chelsee Wozniak