2017 was a year full of change! Good change and bad, but a change nonetheless. I migrated my blog to a different platform, changed the look and changed my name from The Frugal Fashionista of OC to All Things Alison. I also got a lot more personal with all of you, sharing my little family, my non-makeup and unwashed hair days (there were a lot of those) and the journey with my mom’s illness and ultimate passing. You all supported me through this crazy blogging journey and I’m so grateful for it! I’m excited about more change in 2018, but this year changes that I can enjoy and control.
For the Blog:
- This year my plan for the actual blog is to write at least three blog posts a week. That can get difficult having a full-time job and teaching multiple classes, but I’m going to start making a calendar every month and now that I work with one photographer it’s much easier to be consistent.
- I’ve noticed that my blog traffic is much better when I add something more to my blog posts, whether it’s something personal or some kind of tip for you. My goal for every blog post is to add a little something extra.
- Blog more for other companies. I love writing! If you read the “about me” section on the blog you know that I’m a former reporter, and I enjoy writing for other people. I started blogging for Blown Away Beauty Bar last year and it’s been so exciting writing about different things in the beauty industry.
- My fourth goal is a BIG ONE, but one I can’t share with you all right now. Don’t worry, it will be announced in May-June so stay tuned!
- Get more subscribers to my blog. I feel like I worked on my blog look and content in 2017, and now in 2018, I want more people to see it!! Click HERE to SUBSCRIBE!
Branch out with my Collaborations:
- I think I started doing this a lot more in 2017, but in 2018 you’ll still see amazing and affordable fashion, but more lifestyle, travel and beauty posts. I often shied away from showing any beauty products because I’m not a beauty blogger, but I’m a regular woman showing products that I either use or want to try so why should I be shy about it?
- Posting more about fitness. I know I share my fitness classes on Instastories, but I never show myself working out or even talking about it. It’s a HUGE part of my life and I’m going on 21 years teaching fitness classes so I think I should incorporate it more. Hopefully, you’re on board.
- In September 2016 I luckily joined the SoCal Blogger Babes, a group of bloggers in Orange County that support each other, collaborate with brands and attend events together. I didn’t go to NYFW in 2016 as planned, but I’m happy to say that I’m going in February with some of the SCBB’s!
Get More Organized:
- As busy as I am you would think I would be super organized. I’m sorry to say I’m a mess, literally, when it comes to that department. My car, in-home office and now the garage, that’s where I dump the contents of my former photo shoots, are all in a constant state of mess. It’s not that I’m lazy, well maybe a little lol, I just don’t feel like putting stuff away in my free time, the little time I do have. After a 3-hour photo shoot on Sunday, I just want to relax and spend time with my family. I know that #4 under “For the Blog” will definitely help with that. 😊
- Plan and schedule my posts. This goes a long way with #1 above under “For the Blog,” but I need to get better about making a master calendar of all my blog/Instagram posts. The few times I did calendar my posts it made a world of difference. I woke up in the morning and posted and there was no stress. I want that to be every day in 2018.
Thank you again for all the support and let’s make 2018 a year to remember!
Photos by: Scott Rinaldi Photography